Router Problem Solved!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Thanks to DaveO and the NCWoodworker Express I now have a "new" Hitachi M12V2 router - the very one that Tom Hintz reviewed here Hitachi M12V2, 3 1/4Hp, Plunge Router - NewWoodworker.com LLC

I also bought a Benchdog router plate, pre-drilled for the M12V. Well, naturally, Hitachi modified the base mount screw positions and the plate didn't fit. There are holes for other routers that prevented me from drilling so I exchanged it for the undrilled aluminum plate which should be here in a few days.

Meantime, I fashioned a plate out of 3/8 oak and mounted the router. I have tested panel raising bits and others. I have also familiarized myself with using the router in a table.

The M12V2 works great in my setup. I do have to raise/lower the bit from below but it works pretty well. I haven't seen the router shift at all when I lock down the brake after adjustment. Operation is smooth and there is power to spare. I can change the bits from above with the large opening. One wrench and a screwdriver to engage the bit lock. I'm not sure if I will be able to do so with a smaller insert but if not it's simply a matter of removing the insert for bit changes.

It runs very smooth and the cuts are really clean using a 3 1/4 diameter panel raising bit.

I like it!! :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Pic of router under table and temporary plate below.

Chuck

Attachments

• Router Small.JPG
    Router Small.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Router Plate small.JPG
    Router Plate small.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 145

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Chuck, I am so glad that you like it and it is working out for what you need :icon_thum :-D
But please shut the door on that router cabinet....that's one ugly router 8-O
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Congrats! You moved pretty fast to get it up and running. :icon_thum
I have the older M12 and it's a beast . . . but it ain't nearly as ugly as yours :lol:

Roger

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Tell 'em, Chuck, pretty looks don't shape wood!! Besides that, pretty is in the eyes of the holder of the tool.
Congrats (oh yeah, YOU SUCK) and that was fast work getting it up and running.:lol::lol:

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS