Rockwell / invicta RC-33

Zulaan

New User
Matt
Looking at getting this old iron planer, anything on these units I need to look at specifically? Gentleman that has it says motor works etc and the table doesn’t look rusted or gouged. Outside the obvious visuals I’m unsure what to look at. Supposed to pick it up Sunday as long as everything is kosher. Thanks!

Attachments

• 53F7BC9A-A0B4-4518-A541-027E0CC8A95E.jpeg
    53F7BC9A-A0B4-4518-A541-027E0CC8A95E.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 127

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
One thing I like about that model is the table is stationary and the head moves up and down. That makes it easier to mount an extended table to reduce snipe. Also, you should be able to find a spiral head to replace the blades, if you decide to in the future.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
This is the grand daddy of all the four post planers. I have the DC 380 (15"). Only complaint I have ever heard is having to lift motor out of the way to change knives. My 380 has the fold down in feed and out feed tables.

Zulaan

New User
Matt
Well I’m getting it for $300, so shelix upgrade for that wouldn’t be unreasonable to have a solid one with the helical cutters in my opinion as long as it’s worth the upgrade.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Is this 15 " wide ? One thing I would recommend is if you are getting something older, then it should be 15" wide at a min

Zulaan

New User
Matt
Pretty sure this one is a 13 1/2, but I have no planer so I figured $300 for this is better than one of the lunchbox types.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I figured $300 for this is better than one of the lunchbox types.
..by an exponent that only Avagadro would understand.

The very early Brazalion ones had some drive sprockets that weren't properly hardened and wore out quicker than they should, but that problem was was addressed in later models.

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Mine was 12" wide and I used it for 20 plus years without any problems. Only sold it when we moved. $300 is a steal.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS