Rockwell Cabinet Shaper - $300 (Newport N.C.) GONE

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Not mine, etc.

Rockwell Cabinet Shaper - $300 (Newport N.C.)

1633296964499.png

Last edited:

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I just bought a Uni saw. It did not have a right table so I made one. Mine does have a 49" rip capacity. It is a 38" table attached to a 12" cast man table side. Not that big really. And, if you put it on roller it really is no biggie.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
The same seller also just listed a 52” rip unisaw for $1,500. I’m about 15 minutes from him and am interested, but don’t have the room for a 52” saw and don’t really want to spend $1,500 right now but it would be a huge upgrade from my Delta contractor saw. Do you think the unisaw would be worth it if I cut the rails down to 32”?

I break up sheet goods with a track saw. I just have the short rails on my old Grizzly. At my age I just don't like wrestling with large pieces anymore.

wbarnes

Will
Corporate Member
I am still fairly young (almost 30) and I have never felt safe ripping full sheets by myself on a table saw. I do it with 2 people on occasion but with my small shop it is quite a chore rearranging everything to have enough infeed and outfeed. Would it be a waste to shorten the rails on this saw to around 32”?

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
High to me but I am Senor Barato (Mr Cheapo). A new Delta saw is about 2600, has a riving knife, and new dust collection system, if it was 800-1000 and is decent shape then, yeah, but at 1500 it needs to be restored to near new for that price

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS