Rockwell 8” Long-Bed Jointer # 37-315 - $700 (Kill Devil Hills)

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Rockwell 8” Long-Bed Jointer # 37-315 - $700

1603377163553.png

smurg

New User
Marty
Really? I can't remember seeing an 8" jointer that wasn't a basket case for under $700.
As a reference, I picked up an 8" North State in good shape for $400 from a business upgrading. I hit them up within 30 minutes of the post being up and I was surprised to be first. They said they had like 20 more people behind. Picked up it up ASAP. LeNeave was refurbing an 8" Delta around the same timeframe and said they would list it for $1050 or so. Long story short I don't think this will even last long at $700.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
That's a USA-made machine likely from the 1970s. Comparing that to a Taiwan/China made machine is a valid comparison as long as you don't get closer than fifty feet. $400.00 is about right for one of those machines.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Locally here 6-8"are going for 4-600 bucks usually. I missed out on a 6"delta with a converted helical head that went for 500.00

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I knew it wasn't going to last. Snooze you lose. ;) When these deals come up you got to be quick. Spend hours asking questions and it's gone. If I were in the market it would have been gone before the second post. :rolleyes:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
For $1200 bucks, someone could have had both 8" jointer and 13" planner, for less than either sells for. Had I been in the market for either, my van would had made a sonic boom as it went down US 64 east.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS