Rocker in Fuquay-Varina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocker

New User
John
Hi All,

I found this site mentioned at the Klingspor store in Raleigh after all these years. I've been living here in Fuquay since 1996 and came here by way of Memphis, TN: Sarasota, Fl; and Waitsfield, Vermont. By day I'm a commodity broker...yeah, I know...and work in my shop whenever I'm free. I do custom carving for cabinet makers here and there, some church carvings, some furniture embellishments for other woodworkers. But, my current passion is making sculptured rockers...hence the handle...Rocker. I started by making a standard Maloof style rocker and it was a pleasure to make that one. But, now I'm determined to push the envelope and have the design reflect my own aethetic.
Its nice to find a forum of like minded woodworkers, I'm just sorry it took me so long.

John Flanagan
Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526

DavidF

New User
David
Welcome to the site John. You will find us all a fun bunch with plenty of experience between us and always willing to help out. You are close enough that you should be able to join in the "Apex lunch club" crowd when we meet occasionally. Look for postings by "Woodguy1975" and visit his web site; he is our resident Maloof style rocker maker. we like to see pictures so get an album set up and start posting!

Rocker

New User
John
DavidF,
Thanks for the reply. It's impossible for me to get away for a lunch during the week, but any weekend would be great. BTW, do you know what I have to do to qualify for the membership card and discount cards?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Rocker! Sorry it took so long to find us. But you're with friends now :lol: It's a great group with diverse skills and interests . . . including several fine chair craftspersons and carvers. We are glad to have you in the talent pool :icon_thum

Check out this thread for info on becoming Discount Qualified.

Roger

DavidF

New User
David
DavidF,
Thanks for the reply. It's impossible for me to get away for a lunch during the week, but any weekend would be great. BTW, do you know what I have to do to qualify for the membership card and discount cards?

We also meet up at the Hibernian pub in Cary after work occasionally.

Rocker

New User
John
Hey DavidF

I'm a Flanagan, so the Hibernian Pub would be like home to me. Let me know when you're getting together and if I can make it I will.
John (Rocker)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Welcome to the site, we have several accomplished rocker makers here, I'm sure you'll see their work sooner or later.

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Hello Rocker,
Welcome to the site.
I'm a Fuquay resident also...in the crooked creek area.
hopefully we'll run into each other sometime.
I'd be interested in checking out the rockers some time.....
Ron

Rocker

New User
John
Hey Ron, Clay,
We're practically neighbors. I live around the corner in the Brackenridge area. Thanks for the welcome
John

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome John. It's great to have you. I'm around your neck of the woods too, in Clayton (40/42 area) I look forward to seeing some pictures of your rockers and carvings. See you around!

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, John. Glad you found us and we'll all be looking forward to seeing pictures of your work. Around here, "No pics, it didn't happen!"

As for the Discount Qualification, I believe that it takes a minimum of 5 posts and 30 days to become eligible. We currently have them at several stores in the Raleigh area.

Rob

Rocker

New User
John
Thanks Rob,
30 days is not so long to wait. Thanks for the reply. You guys are a welcoming lot!
John

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Welcome to the site John! as you have already found out, this is a great collection of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS