Rock Slide on I-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
I just saw on the news where there was a major Rock Slide on I 40 2 to 3 miles east of the Tennesse border this morning.Reports are that it will take several monthes to reopen the road.Boy is that gonna screw up the travel through that area.
Greg

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Anyone heading west had better find a detour quick. There was a slide several years ago on I-40 in that area that caused major problems and it took quite a while to clear.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
If anyone is going that way you can swing by my way then hit 26 to Johsoncity and bypass the gorge. this happens every few years last time a freind of mine was caught in the middle stranded for 23 hrs in the car with 6mo old and a lab.

Thanks MArk

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Yes, I-40 is completely closed, both east & west bound lanes. My wife went to see her family in Tennessee this weekend and is still over there. She's coming back the old way from Greeneville on the old Asheville Hwy across the mountain.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Last night on the way back from Tenn on the old 70-208 2-lane road across the mountain, my wife came upon a wreck that had just happpened. A car with 2 girls had crashed. My wife is a nurse, so she stopped to help them and had to go to a nearby house to call 911 since there wa no cell phone signal. One girl was hurt pretty bad with head, neck and back injuries. My wife stayed with them until the rescue squad came. The grls were taking this alternate route because of the rock slide, and it is a crooked steep road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS