Riser block installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Well I got the riser block installed on my BS tonight. I can tell you from experience that as a one person job, you are exactly one arm short. I did manage to pull it off without any of the death, dismemberment, bodily injury or loss of property the instruction manual warns about. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Pictures Steve.......we need to see pictures! How do we really know it ever happened?:lol: Seriously, did you get it set up and re-tuned OK? How does it cut?

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
You know the rules.... :roll:

worthless.gif

BTW, congrats! :mrgreen:

Now you need to do your homework!!!

sam_saw1.jpg

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
insomniac said:

worthless.gif

sam_saw1.jpg

Boy Insom, from the looks of your picture you sure have aged a bunch since you started on that rocker.:lol:

D L

M

McRabbet

Never a dull moment around here - :eusa_clap

:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rolf:

Rob

Monty

New User
Monty
D L Ames said:
Boy Insom, from the looks of your picture you sure have aged a bunch since you started on that rocker.:lol:

D L

Yea, and either I shrunk or I spilled some Miracle-Gro™ on my Rikon!!! :lol:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Hey,

That saw is bigger than Woodguy's, and I think your compressor is bigger too.

insomniac said:

worthless.gif

sam_saw1.jpg

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
With Pictures:
DL, I haven't taken it for a test drive yes. The blade that came with the kit was made by POS, Inc so I am waiting for the new bands I ordered to arrive. They should be here today or tomorrow.

Monty,
The second one is for you, you can see the Cresent torn down in the background.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Steve D,

Congrats on the injury free install :icon_thum
BTDT and it's a tough one-man job! Thankfully you had the correct metric wrench. My instruction sheet stated a 27mm wrench was required--soo, I go to Sears and pay $20 for the wrench. But noooo, the size needed was a 26mm :BangHead:

Look forward to hearing about your progress. My bladeguard was somewhat of a nuisance so I finally removed it :eusa_shhh

Sapwood

Monty

New User
Monty
That's a mighty fine job there - I know you'll be happy with the extra capacity. :icon_thum

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
How so and which guard? The new guard on the return side is actually nicer that the original. I did notice that they have a problem with the clearance on the bottom of the main guard that prevents the rear thrus bearing from being able to back off all the way but it does seem to give enough clearance for the appropriate blade sizes.

sapwood said:
Steve D,

My bladeguard was somewhat of a nuisance so I finally removed it :eusa_shhh

Sapwood

sapwood

New User
Roger
Steve,

I don't have a problem with the guard and thrust bearing, rather the guard and top guide bearings. When installing 1/2" blade, I'm unable to back them off enough to clear blade for tensioning without removing the guard. However, my riser block isn't perfectly aligned either :eusa_shhh

The first riser kit I received was severely outta whack :cry: They sent me a Jet kit and a can of gold paint to replace the PM kit.:lol: It was better, but required substantial shimming. A fellow NCWWer kindly volunteered to mill the original riser. He found it to be out of square, not parallel and dished :!:

With that resolved I'm soon to attempt my third install. :icon_thum
Taking hormones to encourage development of that third arm :mrgreen:

Sapwood

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Sapwood, the gods of Taiwan must be smiling on me, the riser block is flat and true. I took it for a test drive tonight and she purrs. A little bit of grinding will solve my guard issue but it is doing just fine as is with a 3/8" blade on there now. The factory blade isn't as bad as I initially thought but I got two new Woodcraft band today.

Anyone in the market for 2 slightly used 93" Timberwolf bands?

Shhhhh! Peng is secretly adding air to Monty's compressor so that he thinks it isn't leaking.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Steve, thanks for posting the pix. Your install job looks great and I know you will enjoy that extra resaw capacity. Hopefully your blades will arrive soon so you can take it for a full fledged test drive.

D L

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Ordered yesterday, got them today, gotta love the service from Woodcraft Bands. The saw, it rocks! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS