Rikon belt/disc sander ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

worm1595

New User
worm
I want a decent combo sanding machine and am looking hard at the Rikon belt/ 10" disc sander for $350.00 new. Any opinions or experience on this one and Rikon machinery in general ?

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I love my Rikon Bandsaw and have had excellent customer service from them. I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy another machine from them.

Travis

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Lots of members have Rikon machinery. Primarily their bandsaws, but a few have their drill presses that I am aware.

I have called them for parts support on the Goodwill lathe, and they were very good to deal with, and quick to send out the parts.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Pretty much ditto on all said so far.

I too have their Bandsaw. Also the 6in deluxe jointer. love them both.

Customer service is great.

I also have been looking at the same combo sanding machine. This weekend they will be 10% off at Woodcraft. $333.00 out the door with tax and discount.

The only negative thing I've read (Amazon) is the motor, 3/4 hp may be a little under powered that that size sanding belt.

Otherwise it appears to be one good looking machine, with dust port, cast metal, etc...

Lemme know what you decide. And or any tool review if you do buy!

Good Luck!

Matt

worm1595

New User
worm
I have been buying machines like crazy these last few months. Trying to get me a good shop going before this coming fall. I have turned half of my 2 car garage into a wood shop. I have scored some great deals on craigslist and yard sales. Here is my current invetory and price paid to date:

Craftsman 33gal/2hp vertical compressor......$100
Delta 14" band saw (older USA made).........$350
Craftsman radial arm saw..........................$350
Dewalt 6" bench grinder ..........................$50
Dewalt 12" compound miter saw with large stand....$300
Dewalt DW746 woodworkers table saw w/ mobile base and 52" rail extention....$850
Bench Dog Pro-Top router table/cabinet........$75
Ryobi 12" drill press with woodworkers drill press table accessory...............$75
Ryobi 10" drill press..............................$99 (bought new)

my "need/want to get" list:

8" jointer
13" Dewalt planer
Rikon belt/disc sander
2"x72" KMD belt grinder (for knife blade making/shaping)
Ridgid oss/belt sander

I think I am off to a pretty good start with good machinery. I already have pleny of handtools and small power sanders, saws and such. I have been very selective of my tools and only buy things that are in excellent or "like new" condtion. I have saved a ton of money by being patient and having my eyes open for the good deals :icon_cheers. I got my Dewalt table saw last week and it is really SWEEEEEEEET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors