Rigid Table Saw Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks for posting this. I belong to the Ridgid forum and own one of the saws subject to recall.:BangHead: Unfortunately I have not visited the Ridgid forum recently so this is the first notice I have seen about the recall :confused_ I called Ridgid and they are attempting to contact the manager of a repair facility in Henderson, NC (45 miles away) according to the recall notice they do the repair "on site" but we shall see. For those of you who own the Steel City version of this granite topped saw, at least one SC owner has had the arbor shaft snap while tightening the nut so you might want to see if they are recalling also. I love my saw but I do not need dado heads, shaper heads, or other shrapnel flying around my shop. :nah: I will keep y'all posted as I attempt to get mine repaired/replaced. :wsmile:

Last edited:

Howard Acheson

New User
Howard
Be aware that the Steel City hybrid is allegedly is manufactured by the same company in China. There have been a couple of reported arbor failures on this saw too. But, the CPSC has not issued a recall on the Steel City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS