Rifle Shells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody

New User
Cody
I want to try some rifle pens. Does anyone know where I may find some 308 or 30-06 shell casings? Thanks

arnie

New User
Arnie
The best place is to look in the phone book for a Gun club. If they have a rifle range then you should be able to get some spent shells from them.

Bob Alexander

New User
Bob
As I understand it some caution needs to be exercised in drilling out rifle shells, as residual powder and the firing cap can cause a problem. Fingers are to be prized above free shells.
Bob:new_blowi

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
I can hook you up with a few empty, clean, 30/06 casings, they would give you an additional 1/2 length over a .308(.308 is simply a shortened 30/06) if you need/want it.......

Dragon

New User
David
As I understand it some caution needs to be exercised in drilling out rifle shells, as residual powder and the firing cap can cause a problem. Fingers are to be prized above free shells.
Bob:new_blowi
If it's a "spent" casing, as in fired already, there's no danger of fire or explosion since everything has already been used up. Live rounds can be used if you pull the bullets using a bullet puller made for this operation and the live primer can be deactivated with a little spritz of WD40 and letting it sit overnight. I hereby DO NOT recommend this activity so that should cover any disclaimers of liability. Bring it to me and I'll dewat them for you if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS