RIDGID12 in. Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Anyone have experience with the

RIDGID12 in. Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw​

Model# R4251

Home depot had it at a sweet price. The review's have the extension arm being a little flexible and inaccurate. Its low profile and had a large cross cut capability are plusses. I have been keeping an eye out for the Metabo with the front rail too. Similar performance but possibly more accurate with the rail.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220727-232313_kindlephoto-503477902.png
    Screenshot_20220727-232313_kindlephoto-503477902.png
    283 KB · Views: 58

TB2

New User
Kent
Hi Steve, I’ve got two of the metabo’s and am willing to part with one. They are great saws. Have one in trailer and one in shop. The shop one is two years old and I’m planning to replace the one in trailer with a Milwaukee. Let me know if interested

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
If you were close, I'd sell you my Bosch for a REAL good price.

I'm going back to a radial arm.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
From what I’ve read the Ridgid is a decent machine. I wouldn’t hesitate in a Metabo, especially if you need a portable saw they are lightweight. have a 10” Metabo chopper and it is more accurate than my Bosch.

I’ll get disagreement, but I think sliders are inherently less accurate than choppers, with maybe the exception of DeWalt and Festool. Every single slider I’ve had my hands on have deflection, some quite a bit.

FWIW Charles, I used a chopper for many many years. I decided to replace it and the radial with a slider. I regretted selling the chop saw but not the radial. It was a Ridgid and not a very good saw.

I had an old DW/AMF radial arm - solid cast iron and very good, the motor went bad and it was too expensive ti fix.

If price is an indicator, the Bosch is supposed be a higher end saw, but don’t live up to the price tag. There are design flaws that make them unreliably accurate. But thats me and my saw others are perfectly happy with them.

If I can find a nice older model turret Delta, Rockwell or DW, I will sell the Bosch.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors