Ridgid sander problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul dyar

New User
paul
1. About 3 years ago my wife and daughter bought me the Model EB4424. Even though it was the less used machine in my shop I liked it. Especially the versatility of it. May even buy another one. It is hard to beat for the price.The last 2 or 3 times I used it I noticed it was vibrating worse than normal... Yesterday it starts having a hard time starting. So I started checking it out and found it had played in the top (or front) bearing. Being who I am I decided to disassemble it and see what kind of bearings it needed. It was a chore to get this thing apart. Wrong! This machine advertises that it is a ball bearing machine. It has 1 very tiny ball bearing in the bottom, and near as I can describe a hay bailer bushing in the top (or front) this top bearing is supposed to be lubed by felt pieces (saturated with oil) in the front motor plate. Mine didn’t seem to be getting very much lube. The manual says no lubing is necessary. Knowing what I know now I would lube it. The biggest problem is I can’t find parts for the motor drive assembly, seems these were not meant to be repaired. Found the whole drive assembly for 263.00. Can get the whole machine for only 199.00. The jury is still out on buying another one. Nothing else I know of has both features
I’ll call Ridgid tomorrow and see if they can ship the parts.
Paul
SAM_3154.JPG

View image in gallery

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Here is what I know. I have an older (gray) one. I did get the motor replaced under warranty. I could only get this done once because the company has been sold and the new ones (orange) will be covered under a lifetime warranty as long as you send in the card. Bottom line...If it should 'kick off' I would buy a new one in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS