Ridgid MSUV For $99.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
I'll second Ken's opinion. I bought the stand (at full price of course) and haven been using it for the past 2 years while building my house. I mounted my DeWalt 12" compound slider on it. It is sturdy, can be folded with the saw mounted and easily wheeled around. One draw back: the extenstion rollers should be a bit beefier. But I'd still buy it again.
... my 2 cents
Bernhard

sapwood

New User
Roger
Though I don't own one, I assume a 12" DeWalt is pretty hefty. Could this stand also support a 13 inch planer? Just thinking out loud about potential for dual usage :eusa_thin

Sapwood

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You know, I expect it would and without much trouble. For that price it might be a good thing to check on and make it a bit faster for you to set up and finish planing operations. My .02

Dullblade

New User
Roger Hunter
I think thats the one I saw on DIY Tools & Techniques last week. If it is it is one cool stand. For that price I might get one and tear down or re-purpose my wood table. My wire welder might like to have a new home in the wood table. This way I can fold up the saw and lean it up against the wall till needed. Thanks for the heads up!

woodbutcher

New User
Kevin
Ok guys, you are a bad influence on me. My Wife may not let me play anymore. I went to Home Depot today and bought one of the MSUV's. I just bought the Ryobi stand last week. But this thing is nice. And for the money I don't think you'll beat it. So I'm standing there in Home Depot looking and one of the guys working there and I started talking. I told him I liked the stand, but I bought the Ryobi last week. He said "you still got the box"? I thought a minute, " Yes I do". He said bring it back and we'll give you your money back and it's an even swap. Then you can stay out of the dog house with the wife. So I brought that puppy home and got the box for the Ryobi before the trash man got it. And yes It folds and stands aginst the wall. :eusa_danc

DaveO

New User
DaveO
NICE !! another victim of the not-so-dreaded Woodguy disease. I am glad to hear the HD was so easy to work with. Just tell your wife all the things that it will help you make her and she'll still let you come play with us:-D

Dave:)

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
sapwood said:
Though I don't own one, I assume a 12" DeWalt is pretty hefty. Could this stand also support a 13 inch planer? Just thinking out loud about potential for dual usage :eusa_thin

Sapwood

Hey, that's not a bad idea! The support rollers on both sides are adjustable (height and length) and will make good infeed and outfeed rollers for long stock. Probably will reduce snipe.
Bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS