"Richfield Pattern" Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Here's a new swing we just finished today. It's a 4 footer. Used a pic from the internet, no plans, and just winged" it. This is the 3rd one we've made, modifying as we went, so I thought it was time to give it a "name." So--- I decided on "Richfield" because that's the area my partner's shop is located in.

Cypress from Ivey, oak turnings from Walnut Jerry. Plan to finish it using some General 450. Tried a bit on a sample today and, as promised, it does NOT change the patina of the original wood. Hope it looks as good a year from now.

Apologize for the bad picture and the shop setting. I'll try to post another after Mary and I finish it.

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome. (Oh yeah, this swing sells for over $800 on the internet and in a store near here!!! Any takers for $500 a copy?)
:gar-La;

Richfield.JPG

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Reggie, that is one more awesome swing, and to think that you would part with it for a mere $500.00? Great job dude!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Nice looking swing Reggie! Hope you sell it quick, because if you hang it at your own place, you'll do nothing but rock back and forth enjoying life, instead of making more :)

J

jeff...

Great looking swing Regg - nice looking lumber too Ivey :thumbs_up I could do without the turning but that's just me...

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I sorta agree with you about the turnings, however, some folks seem to like them. We'll see how it goes.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Another furniture masterpiece , and with no plans !?!?!?:eek:
excellent work bro :icon_thum Is it as comfy as my rocker ?

" patina " huh ? You been sneakin' into the dictionary again ? :gar-La;

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Nice!
Got my attention as Mary Ann is a decendant of the family who founded Richfield.

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Very nice work. I could live without the turnings as well, but I have Monk issues... if they were all turned or all not I'd be happy. It is a beautiful swing. I hope to see it finished. Good luck with the sale!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Will, we may get Ivey to cut us some 3" square cypress blanks. My partner is anxious to go over to the DS! If we're gonna use turnings in the patterns, I feel they should match the wood. :icon_thum

This one isn't for sale, it's Mary's!

:rotflm:

DaveO

New User
DaveO

I really like it. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_thum:icon_thum I would prefer to see either the turnings being as tall or taller than the lowest part of the back. Or swoop the back cut off down to the turning. It's nice to have a place to hook an arm while your sittin' and sippin'.
MTCW,
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS