Reported Post by froglips

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
froglips has reported a post.

Reason:
This is an advertisement for an ongoing fee based service.

Bill teaches a lot of classes including saw sharpening which he announces here. This one post though might not be something we want?

Jim
Forum: User Announcements
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: willarda
Original Content:
I will be offering my services to sharpen and/or recondition handaws. If you have handsaws that need sharpening, please check out the link to my file in the download library:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=315

Glennbear

Glenn
Seeing the post brought two thoughts to me, first I think he is foolish for posting all of his personal information online. Secondly it should gone into the classifieds, this thought I discarded when I reviewed our classified policy and found this passage: Commercial Ads or Services for Hire are not allowed in Classifieds, I do not have a definitive answer to which direction the staff should take but the post as is makes me uneasy since it also does not fit the guidelines for member announcements. I draw a parallel with Greg Paolini who offers a service (instruction) and has taken out a sidebar ad. I believe if Bill was offering pricing/deals limited to NCWW members such a post in the proper forum might be acceptable. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS