Reported Post by froglips

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
froglips has reported a post.

Reason:
Nothing to moderate yet, but has the usual potential.
Forum: Off Topic
Assigned Moderators: ScottM, Bas, TracyP

Posted by: junquecol
Original Content:
That's a term that USED to mean something. Just look at the sorry knives DeWalt sent on the 735 as an example. I purchased a Troy-Built Rototiller in 1984. Even though I have replaced the tines several times, it still has the original drive belt. Today, I added some hard surface rod to the set of tines on the tiller, to make them last another season. Also this month, the 36 month battery that I put in to our 1986 Chevy Nova (it's actually a Toyota, with good brakes) will celebrate it's 6th anniversary. My old Nissian truck died after only 530,000 miles. I have a SawZall that is only three years younger than I am. My $29.99 bench grinder from Lowes (1982) is still going strong. Quality used to mean something, now it's all about profit.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I agree it is OK but it is one of those topics that can go South in a hurry.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Definitely one to keep an eye on... particularly in light of the rather negative article about Toyota in the News & Observer today. Folks might be temped to get up on the soap box...

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
"Everything used to be better in the old days". I think my grandfather said that too. But wait, if that's true, then the stuff from his era must have been junk!
Not to get too stereotypical, but at what point does geezer-disease (also known as curmudgeon syndrome or old cootiness) set in?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
"Not to get too stereotypical, but at what point does geezer-disease (also known as curmudgeon syndrome or old cootiness) set in?

For those from the other side of the pond it starts at age 35.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors