Remote for Air Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Was in Lowes last night, and saw they have yet another style of remote for Christmas lights. Besides the usual on / off, it included setting for two, four , or 6 hour run times. Perfect for controlling the air cleaner to run after you leave the shop. Unfortunately in a SENIOR MOMENT, I forgot to check the price. Remote is rated at 15 amps.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Be careful with using some of these type timers. They may only be rated for resistive loads like lights and not inductive loads such as motors. Motor start-up torque may seize the contacts.

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
Bruce-
I used this exact timer for a 50' lighted Christmas Tree I installed on the radio tower at work last year. The tree only used LED lights, and the calculated amperage was about 6.8 amps...it lasted about a week and a half. We ended up using a heavy duty steel rotary timer in it's place. I'd recommend you save your money.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Bruce-
I used this exact timer for a 50' lighted Christmas Tree I installed on the radio tower at work last year. The tree only used LED lights, and the calculated amperage was about 6.8 amps...it lasted about a week and a half. We ended up using a heavy duty steel rotary timer in it's place. I'd recommend you save your money.
Not a timer, but a remote with timer functions. All remotes area crap shoot as far as I can tell. I have three from Ace that are over ten years old, without a single problem. Gave a friend one (same model) which lasted less than a week. Go figure!

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I was in again yesterday and I think this is the one Bruce is talking about.
IMAG0277.jpg

They also had a newer one than the last time I was in, or they moved it where it could be seen, that comes with 3 dual outlet modules and 1 remote for a few bucks more. I think this one is only rated 11 amps though.

IMAG0278.jpg

HTH,
Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS