Reminder: Clean up your moderated posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Just a reminder...putting a post/ thread in moderation means it's in limbo, purgatory, animated suspension etc. It's invisible to the general public, but it's not gone either - it's waiting in the moderation queue. After all is said and done, a moderated post must be either unmoderated (making it visible again) or deleted (if the decision to pull it holds up).

You can find moderated posts/ threads in the "Mod" section of the Control Panel (see the link at the bottom right hand of the page). I periodically do a cleanup, but the original poster gets notified when the post is deleted, and I don't always recall the entire history.

So please finalize your action within 24h of moderating it, or send me a note and I'll do the final disposition.

(BTW, I forget frequently as well...some of the stuff in the queue is mine :embaresse)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think some of the items I may have placed there were never agreed upon as to a proper disposition. They were discussed but their fate never decided.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I think some of the items I may have placed there were never agreed upon as to a proper disposition. They were discussed but their fate never decided.

Dennis, when this happens to me I just delete them after a week or so and for the reason I put "just housekeeping old moderated posts". That should minimize the replies you may get.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I have not yet received a reply from John on the IP text included in his post... thought I'd give him a chance to reply and then delete the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS