Relocating shop

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
We saved money on the truck by driving it back to Ohio. Remember we did not have a house yet. The final move was with a trailer hooked up to our SUV. We moved ourselves. We did hire help to load up our truck with heavy machinery

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I think "Two Men and a Truck are a national mover, with local franchises, just like Allied, Mayflower, etc. I've seen their trucks around the country in our travels.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
I think "Two Men and a Truck are a national mover, with local franchises, just like Allied, Mayflower, etc. I've seen their trucks around the country in our travels.

They may be, but the biggest and most important difference is, they are company employees. Why does that matter? Company employees have no "skin" in the game. As an owner operator I was liable for any damages, and I mean any, from the driveway to the walls in the house, floors and of course the household goods. So extra care was taken to ensure everything went smoothly. Company employees, not so much. They get their pay regardless on any damages. I know some will say that is what insurance is for, but as an owner operator we are rated on how well the move goes, being on time, and no claims.

Sometimes the "help" I hired would damage an item, accidents do happen. I would try to pay for it out of my own pocket so a claim would not be filed. I was rated on what is called a "claim ratio". If it was low, you got better paying jobs, if high, you got the loads nobody wanted. So there was an incentive to provide excellent service.

The point I am making is, we buy the best quality tool we can afford in woodworking. So hire the best quality mover you can afford and things will go much smoother. Example: my son moved from Raleigh to the coast and hired "Two men and a Truck" (against my advice of course) and needless to say he was very disappointed. He told me "Dad, they did not do it like you used to." He had a lot of wood and tools moved as well, many things got damaged, they were constantly late, it was not good.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS