Reintroducing myself and a band saw question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrewer

John
Corporate Member
Hello everyone. It has been a loooong while since I logged in and participated in the discussions. My family and I have moved from Raleigh back to Charleston SC. I wasn't sure if once I moved out of NC if I would still be able to post and participate so I have just been lurking and reading. I finally sent an email to DaveO and he gave me the green light to jump back on board. So here I am and I look forward to chiming in when/if I have something of value to add.

I do have a question about bandsaws. A friend gave me a 14" Jet Bandsaw (guess this could count as a gloat too). I had to buy a few parts and they arrived yesterday. I have everything together, but when I close the doors (top and bottom) the blade rubs against the doors. So my question is - did I install the blade incorrectly - if not, I'll assume the doors have been knocked out of line??? I couldn't quite figure out how to insert a photo below (but there is one in my gallery). Any advice would be helpful. I did not have a manual with the bandsaw and I am completely unfamiliar with them.

Sorry for the long post - glad to be back and part of the group!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Please make a picture of the band going over the top wheel with the door open so we can see where the blade is.

It looks like the blade is in the wrong place, but can't see exactly where it is.

in your gallery will work for now. Somebody can insert it later then we can teach you to post them. But right now let's get that saw fixed.

DON"T TURN IT ON YET!!!

jbrewer

John
Corporate Member
Ignore my question about the bandsaw - after looking at it again (for the millioneth time, I think I figured out the problem) - It helps if you install the blade correctly - :BangHead:

Still glad to be back on the site

jbrewer

John
Corporate Member
Please make a picture of the band going over the top wheel with the door open so we can see where the blade is.

It looks like the blade is in the wrong place, but can't see exactly where it is.

in your gallery will work for now. Somebody can insert it later then we can teach you to post them. But right now let's get that saw fixed.

DON"T TURN IT ON YET!!!

Thanks for the quick reply Mike - I had put the blade on incorrectly (missed seeing the slot at the back where the blade was to go) - Hard to explain, but I am sure all of you with bandsaws know what I'm trying to describe. Thanks - I'm heading back out to the garage to adjsut the tension and turn it on - we'll see what happens

M

McRabbet

John, You're still a member here, for sure, but you should update your user profile to put in the correct City, State, County and Zipcode information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors