Refinishing advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Church

Michael
Corporate Member
Thanks for the advice. I decided to go with the General Finishes High Performance Poly. The Enduro Var was the only one that specifically mentioned compatibility issues. Good to hear Gary confirm that. I also got some of their water based dye stain to add to the poly just to even out any inconsistencies in the finish. I did sand down some of the problem spots with 320 grit paper and then wiped it down with lacquer thinner. That seemed to help considerably. After cleaning with Krud Kutter I will go over all with 320 grit, wipe down, and proceed. I plan on using foam brushes to do the face frames, sides and crown mold and spray the doors and drawer fronts outside. Not looking forward to this, but can't stand looking at these cabinets like they are any longer.

garymuto

New User
Gary
Thanks for the advice. I decided to go with the General Finishes High Performance Poly. The Enduro Var was the only one that specifically mentioned compatibility issues. Good to hear Gary confirm that. I also got some of their water based dye stain to add to the poly just to even out any inconsistencies in the finish. I did sand down some of the problem spots with 320 grit paper and then wiped it down with lacquer thinner. That seemed to help considerably. After cleaning with Krud Kutter I will go over all with 320 grit, wipe down, and proceed. I plan on using foam brushes to do the face frames, sides and crown mold and spray the doors and drawer fronts outside. Not looking forward to this, but can't stand looking at these cabinets like they are any longer.
Sounds like you have a good plan. Let us know how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS