Recommend an upholsterer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Good morning all!!

I'll be looking for someone to make the seat and back cushions for a Morris chair I'm building. Does anyone have any experience with someone in the Raleigh, Clayton, Garner, Fuquay-Varina area that they would recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Tom Swortzel

mihunt

New User
Mike
Tom,
I would not call myself an 'expert' by any stretch of the imagination, but I have repuholstered a few pieces of furniture...and a boat. It's just a square cushion back and seat right (I googled a few photos). If you'd like to talk about it more I can PM my phone number. I can also send you some photos of some of the reupholstery jobs I've done. I sertainly would not charge as much as someone who does it for a living.

Mike

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Tom, if you and Mike don't get together, another option is Rainbow Upholstery in Raleigh.

911 N West St
Raleigh, NC 27603
(919) 829-1332

They reupholstered some antique furniture for me several years ago and did a great job.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Tom,

I just completed two Morris Chairs and an ottoman and the cushions and seats are out at the upholsterer right now.

I built the seat frames and installed the webbing (used rubber strapping per the upholsterer' suggestion) and bought the foam (high density) from "Foam and Fabrics" here in Asheville. I also bought two hides from Foam & Fabrics.

The upholsterer will put this all together and charging me $160.00/per chair with the ottoman included.

All together the costs are as follows;

• Webbing for two chairs with special clips $47.50
  • Foam for two seat cushions and two back cushions and the the ottoman $90.00
  • Two hides $240.00
  • Upolstery work for above $320.00
Total dollars $697.50

The gal who is doing the upolstery work does most of the re-upolstery work for the Grove Park Inn here in Asheville and I've seen some of her work and it is really good. I'm expectiing to get the finished cushions in about two weeks and I'll post some pics.

Dan C.

Rocker

New User
John
I have had great success with AFC Upholstery. They are on Yonkers Road in Raleigh. Tele: 919 828 7771. They upholstered a chair in leather for me and they did it fast and really cheap. They know how to work with woodworkers and I recommend them highly.
John (Rocker)

thrt15nc

Tom
User
All,

Sorry I'm a little late getting back here. Being a daysleeper limits time on the web for me when everyone else is up. Thanks for all the suggestions. Mike as I get closer I may give you a holler. You're right, it's just two square cushions, seat and back. My wife's actually going to let this one be in the house :notworthy:so I know better than to undertake this task myself. :gar-La;.

Thanks a lot!!

Tom Swortzel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS