Recent tool additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
I recently saw an ad in the local paper for some tools for sale so I took a ride down by Lake Gaston and met Henry who was giving up woodworking after 60+ years. :eek: A majority of his machines and hand tools had already been sold before he placed the newspaper ad but I did pick up a few things and had a nice time gabbing since he is an ex NJ boy also :gar-Bi

Ryobi mini-lathe, B&D ROS, (8) 6 inch Irwin kwik clamps, small block plane, sharpening stone, and 2 really neat little tri-head detail sanders made in Germany and sold by Sears.

Ryobi 16 inch scroll saw

Craftsman bench top belt/disc sander and B&D DA sander.

Router table with Lexan router plate and Skil router that he built on a metal leg set.

Set of Buck Bros lathe chisels to go with the lathe. He also gave me some other small tools and supplies in addition to the manuals for all the machines :wsmile:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Cool Glenn. That is a good score for sure. You Rock! And I'll bet the fellow was glad to see his tool going to a good home:icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
That does it, I'm going to start reading the paper from now on. Have had no luck with Craig's List.

Quite a haul there Glenn - you rock!!!

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Glen, that looks like a large gloat if you ask me. I am sure you had a big grin on your face. Sorry you have to give up your tools man but I can sure put them to good use. :gar-La;
I am trying to remember what pieces of furniture you had on your to do list. Looks like you are about ready, no more excuses now.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice scores, Glenn. YOU ROCK!
I don't remember if you already had a lathe, but if not...
WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!:gar-La;
When you get ready to turn some square wood into something Round, give me a yell. I live at Lake Gaston too so I'm not too far away.
Congrats on all the new :tool:s.

Glennbear

Glenn
Glen, that looks like a large gloat if you ask me. I am sure you had a big grin on your face. Sorry you have to give up your tools man but I can sure put them to good use. :gar-La;
I am trying to remember what pieces of furniture you had on your to do list. Looks like you are about ready, no more excuses now.

Getting closer to making a bed which is #1 on the list since I am tired of this no headboard nonsense but I still have some more shop work to go.

Nice scores, Glenn. YOU ROCK!
I don't remember if you already had a lathe, but if not...
WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!:gar-La;
When you get ready to turn some square wood into something Round, give me a yell. I live at Lake Gaston too so I'm not too far away.
Congrats on all the new :tool:s.

Thanks Randy, I will remember your offer. I already own a slightly larger lathe but it is still disassembled and in need of a motor. This is ready to go, I have already made a base and have it clamped to my RAS table so that I can turn a replacement elevation knob for the saw which just about completes the RAS refurbishment.

That does it, I'm going to start reading the paper from now on. Have had no luck with Craig's List.

Quite a haul there Glenn - you rock!!!

The closest CL listings to me that run longer than a 1/2 dozen lines are the Ral/Dur listings but I am 75 miles North so that presents a problem :nah: I have started haunting the local weekly papers (no daily locally) which is how I found these things , and my jointer and shaper :wsmile:

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Somebody got the bug ... Woodguy Disease is spreading again for sure! Must be that time of the year ...:gar-La;

YOU ROCK! Nice score! :icon_thum:icon_thum

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Nice lick, Glenn. Congratulations!

NOW, take that "lathe thing" and shove it under the bench!
:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Somebody got the bug ... Woodguy Disease is spreading again for sure! Must be that time of the year ...:gar-La;

YOU ROCK! Nice score! :icon_thum:icon_thum

Yes but this time it is isolated north of the border.:rotflm:

NICE SCORE!!!

sawduster

New User
Robert
Woo Hoo !! Nice score man :icon_thum
You're ready for anything now. clamps, sanders, scrollsaw, [strike]boat anchor[/strike] lathe

YOU ROCK !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS