Recent Project Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Like most of you, I like to post pictures of some of my better projects.

PM2000ApronScrewUp.jpg

Just, to show you how far I've come, here is one I was proud of about a year ago.

ScrewMissesjpg.jpg

:frown3qg: :rolf::frown3qg: :rolf::growl5cj: :rolf: :yes4lo: :BangHead: :rolf: :rolf:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nicely done Steve :eusa_clap
No misaligned screws and certainly a unique finishing job.
Remember, I'm only a few steps behind you :eusa_shhh

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
A swing and a miss, at least you got your doweling skills down. Do you need someone to hold that over arm guard in place while you locate the right spots for the screws??

Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Pretty work, Steve! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I like the color selection and the spacing. The dowels add a contrast that is visually appealing. That is heirloom quality for future generations to enjoy.

At least you learned from last year's "screw up". :lol: :lol:

Given your rapid progress I believe you are ready to demonstrate your competence with biscuits and pocket screws. I have managed to prove that alignment biscuits can be strategically placed in a panel to provide an end grain contrast once the panel is cut to final length and that pocket screws may be used to improve skills at filling cracks/splits in face frames and sanding uneven joints to achieve wavy edges on straight lines. There's just no end to the joys of woodworking. :-D

Chuck

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Pretty work, Steve! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I like the color selection and the spacing. The dowels add a contrast that is visually appealing. That is heirloom quality for future generations to enjoy.

At least you learned from last year's "screw up". :lol: :lol:

Given your rapid progress I believe you are ready to demonstrate your competence with biscuits and pocket screws. I have managed to prove that alignment biscuits can be strategically placed in a panel to provide an end grain contrast once the panel is cut to final length and that pocket screws may be used to improve skills at filling cracks/splits in face frames and sanding uneven joints to achieve wavy edges on straight lines. There's just no end to the joys of woodworking. :-D

Chuck

Please note that the right hand "dowel up" is really just a pocket hole on the "wrong" side of the wood with a contrasting pocket hole plug. This was done so this could qualify as an art piece.:lol: :lol:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
A swing and a miss, at least you got your doweling skills down. Do you need someone to hold that over arm guard in place while you locate the right spots for the screws??

Dave:)
No thanks:icon_thum The first set of holes would have been perfect except, in the interests of strength, one of my "glue blocks" was placed on the wrong side of a frame member and inteferred with where the back plate would have to go.:BangHead: The second set of holes was an attempt to recover by moving the holes over a bit. My template must have slipped when I was marking the new set:crybaby2: :crybaby2:

M

McRabbet

Sort of reminds me of the end rail in my deck....LOL....where a Piliated Woodpecker removed a few Carpenter Bees from their hiding places. He cleared them out real well!! :lol:

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors