Received my Grizzly G0555LANV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp00ks

New User
Jerry
I contacted UPS freight and told them I would pick it up from the warehouse vs. them delivering it to my residence. I took a lunch break and picked it up in my wife's little Rav4 and I am kind of glad I did since it was a monsoon on my way home today.

The bandsaw box has some pretty good damage but I don't think any of the internal components are damaged. We will see when I un-box it. I took pictures just in case.

I sat in the living room and put the stand together tonight. I'm thinking about going and buying some Casters tomorrow before I get that heavy saw on the stand and realizing I wish I had some casters.

I'll get my son to give me a price on blades at work. I may replace it before I ever use the stock blade. His first remark when helping me unload it was "That's not a Grizzly, its orange" Even though it says Grizzly down the side of the box. :rolling eyes

That's all, just excited to put her to work.

Sp00ks

New User
Jerry
Any thoughts to adding casters? I was going to add them before finishing assembly but now I'm not sure I want casters on the base for stability reasons. Even if you lock all the wheels, it will still pivot on the caster. I think I'm going to go with moving it on a hand truck if I need to and leave the feet on the base.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
To help stabilize the casters I bought a piece of 3/4 ply and cut it to fit. Drilled holes through the ply where the holes are in the legs and threaded the casters through those holes and the holes in the legs. This provides a very stable roll around platform for the base. Be sure and get locking castors so you can keep the machine from rolling when you don't want it to.

Like this - gives you a shelf to put spare blades, etc on as well.

DSC_0483_800x532_1.jpg

Sp00ks

New User
Jerry
Well, I discovered some shipping damage. The bottom door was bent at the hinge, the top door has a nice imprint of the upper wheel axle stud in it, no dent to the outside of the door and one of the blade guards was bent. We fixed the bottom door and the blade guard. The machine runs fairly smooth, I have a little vibration. I have a little more vibration on wind up and wind down. I've seen some videos of similar vibrations so I'm not sure it is from the shipping damage.

I spoke to customer service today because I wanted the shipping damage documented. I supervise a Tech support team in Healthcare and I have to say so far I'm impressed with Grizzly customer support, I don't say that lightly. I sent them an email last night and they called the house today. In the email I stated I just wanted to document the damage and they called anyway.

I haven't owned a bandsaw in so long, nor one of this caliber, so I have no idea what is "normal". However, in my conversation with Grizzly today I mentioned if there was excessive vibration and their reply was if there was any vibration to let them know.

It sounds like they are willing to stand behind their products and that is worth it's weight in my eyes. I plan to take a video of the saw and send to them to see what they say. On a lighter note, I cut my first piece of wood with it. The stock blade sucks but other than that, it cut straight and true. I have 3 new blades on order, due in next week.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Hope it all works out for you Jerry. I have 2 band saws in my shop, and I love them! Couldn't get along without them anymore.:icon_cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS