Rbi Hawk 216-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody

New User
Cody
Hey Guys, I picked up a hawk 216-3 scroll saw for my son a while back and it really makes a lot and noise and vibrates pretty bad. Does anyone know anyone that may take a look at it. I did contact Niles@ hawkwoodworking.com and he said possibly bearings. I live in Eden but we could take it to wherever. From what I have read it should make a nice one for him. Thanks

sawduster

New User
Robert
The first challenge with a Hawk is blade tensioning :BangHead: They have a unique ( spelled confusing ) system for this and it is quite irritating to get right . Do you have the manual for the machine ?
I would suggest playing with this first :icon_thum
Once you find it you may find the vibration greatly reduced if not gone completely. If not, then we move on to other things :icon_thum

Cody

New User
Cody
Thanks Robert, no I don't have the manual. The black boot in the rear has a hole in it, and some noise comes from there. But the rod in front that goes up and down really makes noise. I took the blade loose and still the same.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Loose-ness in the blade is still likely the cause ,especially if loosening it didn't make it worse
My Dewalt makes a terrible racket without tension on the blade but purrs like a kitten when the blade is tight
Let me see if I can locate some de-structions for that :icon_thum

sawduster

New User
Robert
I'm gonna ask the obvious just to get it out of the way ....is the blade in right side up ?
...as in teeth pointing down ?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
How about taking and posting some pictures? Especially the blade in the clamp and black boot. Aslo take a picture of the arms from different angles so we can see if it is bent.

Cody

New User
Cody
I'll have to find out how to post pics Scott. Will get pics today and then I'm sure I can get them on here later. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS