Randy's Project (Ozzie-X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
A very special thanks to all the members that very generously contributed to helping a fellow member/woodworker ---Ozzie-X.

Rob Payne (McRabitt) put out a notice a couple of weeks back explaining Randy's situation and the plans that friends and co-workers had to fix up his house (projects that he hadn't gotten to) to help relive some of the stresses associated with a debilitating illness (a bout with brain cancer).

I'm very proud to say that the outpouring of donations from NCWW was over a thousand dollars in a 10 day spread. This money is going a long way to purchase the materials/supplies that the many volunteers are using to complete the home repairs.

Randy and his wife Amy are due back this week and I am very sure that they will be surprised and thankful for this outpouring of generosity and love.

Again, thank you for your very generous support for Ozzie-X.

Dan Campbell (Dancam)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Dan,

That's wonderful that so many people could contribute and that the project is coming along well. That is such a thoughtful gesture and I'm sure that he and his wife will appreciate it. We will continue to keep them in our prayers.

Trent

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
It is just wonderful to see the NCWW family come through for one of our own. It really show what this site is made of.

b4man

New User
Barbara
To Dan and Rob, thank you guys for all you put into this project. To the other members that participated as well I thank you too, I just don't know your names:embaresse

Randy and Amy are exceptional folks as has been written by others. I know this will mean the world to him.

My prayers continue.

Barbara

M

McRabbet

I join Dan in saying thanks to those many NC Woodworkers for your personal generosity with donations toward this very worthy effort for Ozzie-x (Randy Osborne) and his family. While the cash contributions have been critical to meet some very real costs (for example, over $5,000 was spent on new cabinets and countertops for the kitchen and the bathroom vanities). Mountain Sawyers, the small lumber and molding company that advertises here and who provide the space for the Western NC Woodworkers Association to hold our monthly meetings, donated their time and materials and milled over 300 LF of exact reproduction baseboard molding and over 50 LF oak transitions; an Asheville plumbing company contributed all new plumbing for the entire house (2 tubs, two commodes, sinks, fixtures and all new piping -- the works!); all of the new electrical work, including fixtures, wiring and labor to install everything has been donated; at least six WNCWA members have worked as much as a full week installing ceramic tile, baseboard, transition pieces and helping with the cabinet installation. Another WNCWA (and NCWW) member with a Shop Bot made gorgeous three-D carved valances for the kitchen and LR windows that will be installed tomorrow. The house has been painted inside and out and all of the hardwood floors sanded and refinished. Today as I finished an 11 hour cabinet installation stint, volunteers from a local church arrived to begin the furniture move-in process while at least a dozen workers were busy installing new items in at least five locations around the house. One seldom sees such an outpouring of incredible generosity like this -- I'm proud to be part of such a "Paying it Forward" effort for a great friend and his family.

For those that don't know him, Randy is a superb woodworker, a very capable electrical engineer, a long-time member of the Mid-West Tool Collectors Association and avid tool collector, and a co-founder of the WNCWA with Steve DeWeese and me.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Amy and I are back and the house is fantastic and absolutly beautiful. I will try to post a picture below of the "new" kitchen key word TRY so far: COMPUTER 3 Randy 0

notice the nice new maple cabinets TIim Merrill made the fancy valances with his "shopbot" A million thanks to everyone that had a hand in this!!!!!!

new_kitchen.jpg

View image in gallery

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Obviously, Randy you are held dear by this community, your friends and family. Get well, and be with us for a long time to come.

M

McRabbet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS