Ram Tough Load!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
With the price of gasoline approaching $3.50gal, you've gotta make the most of a lumber run. (Course you've gotta have a truck that will haul it!) This is a shot of my Ram 1500 and trailer today after arriving home from Ivey's.

There's 1000+ bd. ft. of green cypress lumber on the trailer and in the bed of the truck. (Chevy and Ford owners DO NOT try this at home, or anywhere else! :eusa_naug:eusa_naug)

Had a great day with Ivey and Donna and his Mom. Went to lunch at Ivey's favorite fish camp and ate well! :icon_thum:icon_thum
Donna gave us some brown eggs and we picked up some fresh picked strawberries. All this and was back home by 4:00 p.m..

Here's the proof!!

Cypress_2.JPG

:wsmile:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
We have orders for Adirondacks, tables, and rockers for Mother's day!

BUT, this has to dry for sometime. Hope to get it into the old solar kiln next week.

:wsmile:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That is one heck of a haul, Can't wait to see the rockers. You Rock:rotflm:
No pun intended

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Glad to see that new goat can haul almost as much as Jeff's old chevy used to bring to Raleigh routinely. Course his loads were green Walnut and Cherry, not cypress, so maybe that's the reason:rolf:

Nice gloat on the wood, tho!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Go

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Hmm!
Was his "old Chevy" a 2500 series? And wasn't his trailer a tandem? And is that why his new 2500HD only hauls 600 bf? (recent post-cherry from up north) Just wondering.

J

jeff...

Hmm!
Was his "old Chevy" a 2500 series? And wasn't his trailer a tandem? And is that why his new 2500HD only hauls 600 bf? (recent post-cherry from up north) Just wondering.

Jack - You only need to look up the definition of dodge in the dictionary to find out what it means - you get the picture... :)

Seriously nice lumber haul... I'm glad you didn't get pulled over and weighed, a 1000 BF of green cypress in the back of a 1/2 ton pickup truck has got to be more than 1000 lbs, plus the trailer - the DOT would have had a field day with you. You really don't want to know what happens for being overweight when the DOT man is having a bad day.

Stay blessed man...

J

jeff...

Hmm!

No it was a GMC 1500 (1/2 Ton) 350 / 4 speed automatic with overdrive gear and a 4/11 posi rear end. Perhaps something like yours - I did however upgrade the brakes (rotors calipers and pads) when it first needed new pads, I was going to do something to beef up the rear springs, but after the block cracked I just got a bigger Chevy truck instead.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Why would you sticker lumber on a trailer. Is this a new way to air dry lumber. Must be expensive riding around long enough for it to dry even at 55 mph:rotflm:.

What is an IVEY?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Ivey is our sawyer who is kind enough to sticker the lumber we buy from him. Then when we get it home, we can just unload with my tractor and not have to handle it again.

Never thought about how much moisture loss occurs at 65 mph. Good point!

:rotflm:

Glennbear

Glenn
Reggie,

Dodge Rocks !

Jimmy:)

ps. The green is to pay homage to my '98 Ram 1500

'95 Green Ram is still rocking!!
Reggie: How long do you guesstimate kiln time to be ? I was drooling over the solar kiln plans yesterday and the two things I do have out here is unobstructed southern exposure and open land. :wsmile:

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I keep forgetting most of you folks have bigger toys than I do (tractor):eusa_danc.

Where is Ivey and does he sell to other folks?

saw4you

New User
Jack
Reggie, just remember that cypress is very light coming off the sawmill just like cedar, that is the only way you made it home.:slap:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Keye: Ivey's business is Beaver Branch Sawmill, located in Burgaw, NC. We buy from him because he has access to cypress, which is what we use primarily. He will saw it to your specs. And yep, any body's money's good with old Ivey. You can see him on here. Just go to the Member List and look for Ivey.

Rob

New User
Rob
My 1 ton cheby will haul it and not even break a sweat, want me to come get it? :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS