Raffle ticket sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Only a week to go. Please by more tickets:help::help::BangHead::BangHead::banana: :banana: :banana::notworthy:please don't hold off buying. it will not help your chances of winning. Also some of you have bought small lots of tickets. I think that was a accident in most cases. for instance, 5 tickets, each ticket as separate transaction cost us $2.25 in cc fees or $0.45 ticket. But if you bought those same 5 tickets in a single trans, the cc fees would be $1.03 or $0.206 per tickets or less than half as expensive.

So if you are going to buy more tickets, please buy then in as large numbers per cc transaction as you can.

Thanks,
Steve

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Oops..... I was splitting mine up..... Sorry about that.....

Will I be able to pick up the Kapex at the Raleigh Klingspor?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Travis if you win we will get it to you one way or the other.

Mike no need to apologize. No one is required to buy a single ticket and no one should fell forced to buy. Steve is just reminding the late shoppers. You know the type. The ones who start shopping on Christmas Eve. :wink_smil

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm just sorry that 4 is all I can buy. My chances of not winning will be less than my chances of not winning if I could buy more. :rotflm:

I never win anything so it really doesn't matter. :BangHead:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Just, so you all know, as of 9:00 AM 5/8 if we stopped selling tickets, we would net $1261.55. .Is that enough, sure. but we made over $1800 for the Kreg Table.

Look at the number of prizes and the values. BUY BUY let me go out as treasurer with a bang. :neener:

bwat

New User
Bill
I know the objective is to raise money but it would be nice if a member won.:eusa_thin Perhaps one from Mooresville?

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
This raffle is really great - there is a ton of neat stuff. But for raising the most money, I have a feeling that more would be made in the future if you did multiple raffles each with less items. It's great to have this big one for the picnic though.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
This raffle is really great - there is a ton of neat stuff. But for raising the most money, I have a feeling that more would be made in the future if you did multiple raffles each with less items. It's great to have this big one for the picnic though.

Pete it is long story but the raffle committee had to do it this way. I bet this will be the one and only time we will see so many wonderful prizes in on raffle.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ok, as of 11:00 5/9, the net is NOW = $2080.81 That's an increase of $ 819.26 in just 26 hours :elvis::elvis::swoon::swoon: Is that enough? Well, we just surpassed my best expectation, so you've proven me wrong again.

But that doesn't mean we can't sell more. Have you taken out a second mortgage, yet
.:gar-La;

Just, so you all know, as of 9:00 AM 5/8 if we stopped selling tickets, we would net $1261.55. .Is that enough, sure. but we made over $1800 for the Kreg Table.

Look at the number of prizes and the values. BUY BUY let me go out as treasurer with a bang.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Any sales that are not from site members? What is the percentage of unique ticket sales?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Did my little bit extra. I "alerted" the Hillsborough meetup about the raffle.

I know at least 10 folks there are not "YET" NCWWers.

Of course, I also purchased the winning ticket for myself.

Kudos to the Raffle Committee!

Jim

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Pete,

If I remember correctly we are allowed only 2 raffles per year. So, the bigger the better!

Now, individual members can raffle their own items and donate part or all of the proceeds to N. C. W. W. as long as it is understood that it is not a corporate raffle. This probably helps our member donation percentages that have to be met to qualify for non-profit status. Which I believe the corporate raffles do not qualify.

If I'm mistaken I'm sure I will be under a big pile of posts shortly!

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Pete,

If I remember correctly we are allowed only 2 raffles per year. So, the bigger the better!

Now, individual members can raffle their own items and donate part or all of the proceeds to N. C. W. W. as long as it is understood that it is not a corporate raffle. This probably helps our member donation percentages that have to be met to qualify for non-profit status. Which I believe the corporate raffles do not qualify.

If I'm mistaken I'm sure I will be under a big pile of posts shortly!

Only NPO may host raffles in NC. 2 per year. Individuals may sell/donate items to sell. But may not raffle.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Cool, thanks. What I did was figure how many tickets I would buy for each item and add them all up and purchase that many. So, it didn't hurt my purchasing - thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors