Raffle Ticket Process - AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
In the last thread we almost had a consensus on the process.

1. There must be only one ticket roll and it must be treated as though it was money, Because it is.
  2. That roll must stay in a single person's possession from the day we start selling tickets until the end of the drawings (and probably a few more days just in case).
  3. The day before the raffle selling starts, the roll holder (a new position of staff :rotflm:??) will inform whoever on staff is going to be responsible for the technical side., Webmaster or Admin) of the first ticket number on the roll to be used.
  4. After online sales are closed, the technical person will inform the roll holder of the last number sold.
  5. The roll holder will then take all the ticket stubs from the first sold to the last sold and place the appropriate half in the pick jar. The other half of those tickets should be destroyed.
  6. The technical person will generate the final online sales report in hard copy and bring it and several copies to the picnic.
  7. At the picnic, raffle sales will proceed using normal raffle procedures, but all tickets must come from the same roll that has been in the custody of the roll holder.
  8. Only the Sales report generated on our server will be used to determine who bought a winning ticket that was sold on line.

However, Rob brought up the issue of check or cash mail ins. From his comments, I am assuming that last year these were sent to barbara and she had to issue numbers and send them to the buyers.

If I am close to being correct, then the spirit of the above procedure requires something added. We need a Mail in process as well and that process must interface with our database of sales, generate ticket numbers, and then email the buyers with their numbers.

Let's assume there is a cash and/or mailin coordinator. If that is barbara or rob or my newest dog Kyra doesn't matter for this part of the discussion.

Who ever has this job will log into the site and call up a new page that will create under the admincp. That page will have a form sort of like the pruchase tickets page. It will ask for number of tickets and money tendered and at least email address. Other identifying information like name, address and/or tel # should be included.. upon submission of the form, the necessary info will be save in our DB and the ticket numbers generated and the buyer would be emailed their ticket numbers.

This way we still have only one source for numbers and generation of the sales report. And all will be well with the world.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:thumbs_up:swoon:
If we can get agrrement on this concept, then BOD has to come up with a mailing address and mail in coordinator and other things.

I also would ask that if we have agreement than the whole process be written up in better English with appropriate clarification and less typos that I would have. Also I think this a BOD member's job.

b4man

New User
Barbara
I serve at the pleasure of whomever is in charge:rotflm:

Just tell me what to do and I'm all over it!:gar-La;

M

McRabbet

I believe the Treasurer should be the person that serves as the mail-in/cash coordinator. If a procedure is defined as Steve proposes (a technical staff assignment), then we would indeed have only one set of numbers from a single roll of tickets -- the overall system will start with a seed number and it should not matter if a ticket is purchased online or via a mail-in entry, the system assigns the appropriate numbers in sequence. I agree with Steve's plan. We normally close the online sales a few days ahead of the picnic. Bas has sent me a spreadsheet developed from the master database and we will add cash sales at the picnic and assign ticket numbers starting with the next number available. I doubt we will have online connection at the picnic; if we did, we could use the system that Steve proposes.

Once we have everyone's agreement, I'd be happy to write up Steve's process.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
In past years I was the keeper of the ticket rolls. The tickets have two parts. One part being "Keep this coupon" and the other being "Ticket". The part that should be throw away is the part that says "Keep this coupon".

+T9RtMMWFCHF7gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
You have my agreement, of course,. Please sure to make very clear the part about only one roll. It would be better to have to throw away te remanents of roll than risk dumps or lost numbers.
I believe the Treasurer should be the person that serves as the mail-in/cash coordinator. If a procedure is defined as Steve proposes (a technical staff assignment), then we would indeed have only one set of numbers from a single roll of tickets -- the overall system will start with a seed number and it should not matter if a ticket is purchased online or via a mail-in entry, the system assigns the appropriate numbers in sequence. I agree with Steve's plan. We normally close the online sales a few days ahead of the picnic. Bas has sent me a spreadsheet developed from the master database and we will add cash sales at the picnic and assign ticket numbers starting with the next number available. I doubt we will have online connection at the picnic; if we did, we could use the system that Steve proposes.

Once we have everyone's agreement, I'd be happy to write up Steve's process.

M

McRabbet

I agree and ask Dennis to purchase a new 2,000 count roll of tickets this week for the raffle this spring. Per the thread "Not Here" that Dennis referenced above, ScottM suggested the only viable use of the old rolls at this point might be for door prizes. Despite this suggestion, I say the old rolls should be destroyed so there is no chance that anyone can claim we used the wrong tickets (if we need tickets in the future, we can buy some since they are pretty inexpensive). Dennis, please buy some Red or Yellow tickets this time just so we are working with a different color.

Who should get the seed number?

M

McRabbet

Fine with me -- I have proposed to the Board we start the Raffle on Saturday, 4/21 which will allow the current Donation Drive to run its complete month on the 16th. That leave a little gap between the two activities and allows your team to be more fully prepared. We hope to have all of the prizes determined by the end of this week -- I think everyone will be pleased and we've got some new things to help spur interest.
I should for this one. I need to enter it after testing is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors