Radii scraper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I haven't tried those, but I have been using a goose neck lately, and it is a wonderful thing. I would think that flattening the insider area would require a curved diamond or slip stone and might be aggravating to accomplish.

Glennbear

Glenn
I look forward to your review Mike, they certainly look like a good alternative to some PITA sanding when trying to smooth a profile without ruining curvature. :wsmile:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
The problem i have with a gooseneck scrapper is they are not symmetrical, so I have to keep flipping it to make my work piece symmetrical.

I'm hoping this will eliminate that extra step. And the sizes should be more precise.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Woodcraft (Charlotte) has the same set for $10.
They also have a convex set.

p

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Wildly curious, look forward to your review.

Of course, then we'll be stuck a a lot of unused goose necks. I guess I'll add them to my pile of frog legs and rabbit ears.......

Jim

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Japan Woodworker canceled my order at my request then 15 minutes later wrote to say they would match the price at Woodcraft.

I had already ordered from Woodcraft so I didn't want to change it back again.
They should have mentioned that they would match the price in the first e-mail.

Actually if they had been within 10% of Woodcraft's price to begin with I wouldn't have changed my order at all.

Anyway I remembered to click through from here so at least they will know we are thinking of them even if it is just a small order.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
We don't currently get any discounts from Woodcraft, but if you go through NCWW to Woodcraft they compensate us some (I am not sure how much) so we do get something for it. Woodcraft has no hesitation in sending me emails to tell me everytime someone has clicked through and placed an order, cancelled an order, and changed an order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS