Radial Arm Saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzymanii

New User
Update your profile with your name
I have just come into possession of a 10" radial arm saw. It does not work. The motor tries to run but doesn't turn and often trips the circuit breaker.

I'd like to either get rid of it or find someone who can repair it for a modest sum. I would prefer to fix it as I have a use for it, but I don't know if that's cost effective.

If anyone is interested in it, let me know and I can provide pictues/details.

James

Ken Weaver

New User
Ken Weaver
What kind and how old James? It might be one of those workhorses that would restore fairly easily.

ozzymanii

New User
Update your profile with your name
It's a deWalt 740. Here are the pictures I promised.

Attachments

• 116_1663.jpg
    116_1663.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 116_1664.jpg
    116_1664.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 116_1665.jpg
    116_1665.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 230

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
My father had one that looked very similar, but it was a craftsman. He and I became experts at not ripping boards correctly with it and having them smoke and going flying across the building.

Overall, it wasn't a bad saw. We just didn't know how to use it.

Ken Weaver

New User
Ken Weaver
A quick Google showed several for sale ranging from $75 to $400, the latter obviously in working order. There is a some info on Old Woodworking Machines website, but couldn't read enough from your pics to tell which one it might be. Check it out and see if it helps you make up your mind. I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of it until you find out what would be involved in restoring it. Used correctly a RAS is good addition to the shop.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
If it tries to start and won't, it may simply be something wrong with the starting circuitry and might be easily (and cheap) fixed by a motor shop. OTOH, it could be fried and will make a nice boat anchor. You just don't know 'till you take it apart and check it out. Does the blade turn freely by hand, in otherwords, are the bearings ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS