R4511 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidD

New User
David
I need some advice - I recently got a new R4511 (yeh, I know the everlasting debate about the granite top :eusa_thin). Anyhow, After assembly I noticed that while the surface between the miter slots is perfectly flat, the top is between 1/32" and 1/64" lower on either side of the miter slots. Is this normal?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I've got to decide that it's no big deal and live with it or try to get this moster back to HD for a return (if that's the case, I hope the same stock guy who had to pull it for me isn't working:gar-Bi).

Thanks,
David

Glennbear

Glenn
Are you sure the wings are level? :eusa_thin There are only a couple inches outboard of the miter gauge slots on the main slab before the wings start. If you want to get some opinions from a concentration of R4511 owners I suggest you visit the appropriate section of the Ridgid forum and pose your question there. If you bought the saw assembled I would hazard a guess they never leveled the wings. :wsmile: http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/index.php

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I do not believe it is normal. It seems excessive to me, and when you do longer pieces it will have an effect.

A 1/32 is a lot to me especially on a new saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS