quick poll

What is your level?

• Total voters

Oka

Board of Directors, Vice President
Casey
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hmmm ............ that's a hard one I do mock ups for my work in wood but the company is a MEP company, so yes to all three ?

But I do know the 100% sure way how to make a million dollars in woodworking. Start out with 2-million and stop at one. .... ;)

Oka

Casey
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Hispanic workers I worked with that was their favorite saying , ,Carnicero de madera (wood Butcher) ,

Wood Framers law to building "nothing that 1x12 trim can't fit" :p

Wood Butcher!!!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I thought I was a pro, but then I think it’s more accurate to select semi-pro— the problem here is not only have I spent more than I took in, I’ve lost even more money trying to earn some than I ever have and probably will make in this lifetime plus 40 more years of doing the same. Bearing all this in mind, I get more sleep now because I ain’t gotta get up early to make someone else happy.

sandfarm

Joe
User
Hobbyist, retired carpenter.
I am 70 and was asked this week to help replace facial and soffit on a two story house. I will be staying on the ground.
Joe

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I maybe got to the semi-pro level about 13 years ago for a few years with a number of lucrative commissions, but I cut back after my wife passed in 2010 and as I got older. Just a hobbyist now, but still enjoy making sawdust.

junquecol

Bruce
User
Was wondering how many Pros we have here? semi pros (you make more than $20k/yr woodworking) and hobbyists.
Is that $20K before or after filling out taxes? Being self employed most of my life, I can tell you there is a difference between gross, and net income.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Retired. Hobbyist for wood. Spent most of my life working with metal on aircraft.

Oka

Casey
Staff member
Corporate Member
A Perspective, not sure "professional" should only be considered by income you generate. I spent 11 years of my life playing in a symphony and chamber groups for a liviing, today I do not Yet, my skill playing music skill are still a professional level. Case n point, many music groups make money playing sub-standard music out of tune, really can't keep rhythm, generally without skill yet, they make money. So that metric is a bit misleading, Imho ... just sayin.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS