Quick Clamp Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

acj1286

New User
Bo
I am one of the designers at IRWIN Tools here in Charlotte. We're working on improving our QuickGrip clamps, and the first part of any projects like this one is to get feedback from our users on what's currently on the market. We are looking for a handful of woodworkers within a few hours drive of Charlotte who would be willing to test some clamps for us for a few weeks.

You'd recieve some samples of competative clamps and a few of our own for you to use in your shop at your convenience. After a few weeks we'd like to come talk to you about what you liked and disliked about them all. The clamps would be yours to keep.

If you're interested in participating over the next few weeks, want a little more information, or know some people who might be interested, please let me know.

bo [dot] roe [at] irwin.com

The response to this posting has been extremely helpful! To all of you I've had the opportunity to email back, thank you so much for your willingness to help. We've received much more interest than we were originally planning for, but we've made some changes to how we're running the test to accommodate more people. To those of you who I haven't gotten back to personally, we've got all the people we need for this round. We are continuously running field testing programs like this one with any number of product lines. I will certainly post those opportunities in this forum, so keep your eyes open for next time!

Thanks again for the continued outpouring of help. I'm excited to be a new member of this community and will definitely lurk and contribute when I have an opinion to share.

Last edited:

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Hello Bo,
Welcome and thanks for posting this offer.
I have sent an e-mail. I'm in Fuquay Varina, NC.
Ron

nelsone

New User
Ed
First of all Bo, Welcome to NCWW! I hope you will continue participation!

I sent you an email!

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Would it be possible the next time to post this as "sticky" in all forums?
I usually hang out in the turning forum and use small "quick grip clamps all the ime for my glue ups.I missed out.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I missed out, too, but have asked to have my name added to 'the list' for the next time something like this comes up :eusa_danc

MikeH

New User
Mike
Well....I got a box of clamps this morning. One Irwin quick clamp, one Jorgensen, two no name clamps and a disposable camera. Looks like I'll have to come up with a project to test them out.

Happy clamping!:eusa_danc

Thanks Bo!

Last edited:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Mine came too with a similar package ... guess I'll be putting these to work this week! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Thanks, Bo! :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS