Question about depth setting Festool 55 REQ

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
I measured the blade and it's exactly 160MM.

IMG_3426.JPG
IMG_3428.JPG

Here is what the setting is for the exactly depth.
IMG_3429 (1).JPG

Last edited:

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
My saw is older and metric. Perhaps they changed the scale to imperial but did not adjust or set the saw positioning from metric to imperial?

Ricksmi

Rick
Corporate Member
The top of the green above FS is for use with the guide rail but you need to calibrate using the fine adjustment knob. Whether imperial or metric adjust the fine adjustment to add in my case 1 MM, I have both imperial and metric in 55 and 75 and adjust the fine adjustment knob to just scratch the MFT surface (1mm) creating perfect cuts. Once adjusted lets say 3/4 inch you should never need to adjust again for any depth unless you drop your saw.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 14.26.26.png

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
The top of the green above FS is for use with the guide rail but you need to calibrate using the fine adjustment knob. Whether imperial or metric adjust the fine adjustment to add in my case 1 MM, I have both imperial and metric in 55 and 75 and adjust the fine adjustment knob to just scratch the MFT surface (1mm) creating perfect cuts. Once adjusted lets say 3/4 inch you should never need to adjust again for any depth unless you drop your saw.

View attachment 225701
Doesn't appear to work with mine. See the pics I posted.

Ricksmi

Rick
Corporate Member
Doesn't appear to work with mine. See the pics I posted.
Well thats not good but being Festool you can sent it to Festool USA and they will make any and all repairs normally in 2-3 days. If your saw is less than 3 years old you get free shipping as well as the warranty. I'm not sure if Klingspore would ship for you or not but worth asking.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS