4yanks

New User
Willie
Last edited:

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Re: Queen Anne Huntboard

Looking good Willie!!! Glad to see you out of the sand and back in the sawdust. I wish the best of luck to your wife on the gallery. You can bet I will be dropping in the next time I am in the area.

Jerry

4yanks

New User
Willie

Thanks Jerry. It's good to be back. I feel a little guilty since I've been back for about 2 months before jumping back in here. Looking forward to seeing you if you can make it out this way.

Willie

Jerome B

New User
Jerome

Nice legs. Are they maple? I hope to get around to making a hunt board one day.

4yanks

New User
Willie

Jerome,

I took the liberty of looking up your website. Wow!!! I am gratefull for the compliment from such an accomplished woodworker.

Mike Callihan

New User
Mike

Willie

Looking good, that is a beautiful set of turnings. I am looking forward to your updates.

Mike

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member

Hubba-Hubba; Great looking legs! Look forward to seeing your progress. I am going to start using my workbench as a backdrop for photographing some of my projects. It's the only way I'll ever get it cleaned off.

DaveO

New User
DaveO

Wow they all match:swoon::swoon::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: I have wanted to do something with turned legs but I can't find a design style that uses four different turned legs :BangHead::BangHead:

Dave:)

b4man

New User
Barbara

Very exciting! I too look forward to your progress. Short of using a copy machine :gar-La;
how did you get those legs so perfect?

4yanks

New User
Willie

Barbara,

Off course they are not all the same. I believe the trick in spindle turning is just to get most of the critical diameters in the same locations. If that is done the eye is tricked into believing they are all the same. Thanks for the compliment though.

Willie

4yanks

New User
Willie

I've done a little more work on the huntboard. Here are the pix.

Mortises in the legs

qa_leg_mort1.JPG

Parts for the back panel

qa_panel.JPG

Back (dry fit)

qa_back1.JPG

Back with legs (dry)

qa_back_legs.JPG

Contimplating my next cut

qa_next_cut.JPG

Last edited:

nelsone

New User
Ed
Lookin' Good!:icon_thum That back panel is really looking sharp. Are the sides also frame and panel? Did you cut all of the mortices with the feet in the correct orientation (this is where I would have probably screwed up!)?

4yanks

New User
Willie
Another update. I just finished the side panels.

Side panels.

side_boards.JPG

Sides (dry fit).

sides.JPG

I hope to get some more work done this weekend. I'll post it when I do.

Willie

Jerome B

New User
Jerome
where did you get your plans

I hope that I am not asking a question that has been asked already, but where did you get your plans. The hunt board is looking really nice.

Jerome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS