PVC DC Pipe- a trip to the cleaners!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Happy ending.

To close out this thread- I did not need the new piece of pipe afterall- when I reworked the drops I actually ended up with a couple of extra pieces. Only one section of pipe is two pieces with a coupler (from Lowes).

I will be taking the new pipe back to JD for a refund. If I do need more pipe someday, I will return as a "contractor." FYI, JD keeps buying up small landscape suppliers, recently buying an entire chain, so there should be a JD Landscapes supplier just around the corner from most places- just need to take your contractor ID when you go to get DC pipe.

But I will keep be keeping my JD spin steer lawnmower. :-D:-D

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
My purchase in October was at $15.99/10' length at a mid-sized plumbing supply house in Spartanburg, SC (I bought 130 feet for myself and Purple Thumb). We need to find a source like that and get the North Carolina Woodworker Pony Express geared up!. I need to check their current pricing, but if there is interest, I could go buy some and bring it to the Picnic in May. They also had better pricing than Lowe's on fittings and even had sweep elbows at a decent price. Let me know folks -- I can give them a call and get some fresh pricing.
Rob - I'd be interested. Do you need a materials estimate - I haven't drawn that out yet.

But I need to get off my duff and improve the DC in my shop. 4" crappy flex hoes really isn't a solution.

-Mark

M

McRabbet

I'll need to check current prices for straight pipe and various fittings -- let me know and we can aim at picking some up for you -- the offer holds for any others (e.g., Jackleg - Reggie Medlin), just let me know so we can work up an order.

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
I had the same experience at JD in Greensboro. They gave me the name of a contractor that could get the pipe for me. On my way back to work I drove pass Greensboro Pipe Company. Their sign said "Open to Public" so I went it. I got my 60' of 6" S&D, numerous fittings etc for $220. I think the pipe was $1.87 or so per ft. I love this place!

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I took the pipe back and got a full refund. But JD got the last lick- I originally paid with cash, but the guy said they don't carry much cash and refunded to my credit card!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS