Promoting NCWW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
In the years I have belonged to NCWW I have seen membership ebb and flow. In an effort to promote our hobby and group I mention woodworking to just about everyone I meet. To give you an example of how this works ponder this story............Friday I had traveled to another town 70 miles away for some political work I am involved in. I got into a conversation with the local office manager and it turned out his Dad retired from the financial sector and had acquired a huge industrial lathe and got involved in woodworking to pass the time in retirement. He agreed to pass along the info to his father about NCWW and I look forward to seeing him join up. Soooooo........pass the word my friends, pass the word. :gar-Bi

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes, please do pass the word. We try to spread the word at events like the Klingspor Extravaganza and others, but you can be an ambassador for NCWW in all your daily encounters. Most friends that are into Wood Working will thank you for the effort.

Thank you Glenn for bringing this up.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Same here Glenn. I carry a few NCWW cards in my truck so anytime I tell someone about it, I just hand them a card and point out the web address.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
I too mention NCWW when I discover that someone is interested in woodworking. Since the Youth Outreach last weekend, my two kids have also become ambassadors. They have mentioned the projects that they made to many of their friends. I look forward to a youth outreach event near Greensboro so that many of these kids can enjoy woodworking.

Steve H.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Thanks Glenn. I frequently refer folks here. We need to keep the momentum going.

ehpoole

Ethan
I very much agree that word of mouth is our greatest ally in growing this site, so consider this a shout-out for all who help us grow in this manner!

I wish I were able to do more in this respect, but it is rather rare for me to leave the house so I don't have a lot of opportunity to encounter other people these days! So I'm doubly grateful for those of you who do make that added effort.

PS - I really think a reminder like this ought to be a Staff Announcement because we really want to encourage all our members to help get the word out about NCWW -- especially in the surrounding states (VA, TN, SC, GA, and FL) which, at this time, collectively represent only 20% of our membership. Please also feel free to send the link, or even the downloaded PDF file, to Berta's NCWW Newsletter to your woodworking friends and colleagues in any of the states we grant membership to (which are NC, SC, VA, TN, GA, and FL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS