Progress on my renewed interest in wood working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp00ks

New User
Jerry
First off, I'm rather proud of myself this evening. I took a rough cut block of what I think is mahogany and milled it into 4 book matched boards. That is a first for me.

I just purchased a DW735 a few weeks ago and have never owned one before. I made a planer sled and it worked out well. I also picked up an old 6" jointer off craigslist this year and I think I finally got it tuned with the new blades but honestly haven't used it much.

I always have a side hustle or two to fund my "hobbies". We are a single income household.

Over the last year I've picked up the following. Some of it is replacement equipment or upgrades.

Ridgid r4512 (Craigslist) Better than my old Craftsman, fence is better but I'll probably replace it.
Hitachi 12" sliding miter saw (Love this saw, it's dead on accurate)
14" Grizzly band saw. I had some drama with shipment and damage but I think that is finally worked out. Great customer service.
Dewalt DW 735 Picked this up at the Extravaganza
6" jointer (Craigslist)
Harbor Freight Dust collector (only used the motor) Still in the process of finishing my piping. I got Table saw and planer, still have band saw and miter saw to get hooked up. Later a drop for floor sweep and bench top tools.
Harbor Freight bench top belt sander (I think I'm going to get rid of all my benchtop sanding equipment and go a different route. I'm not happy with any of it)

Geez, I should not have put all that in text...... Anyway, none of my friends are into woodworking and my wife humors me (she's a sweetheart). So I thought I would share with those that may appreciate my excitement.

Thanks to those that read all that.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Sounds like you have a really good start to this addiction we all have. I'll be interested in your dust collection set up. I'll likely be asking for harbor freight gift cards or good ole cash at Christmas to go buy their 2 HP unit for my new shop. Don't forget to post pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors