Programmable Switches a Home Improvement For Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Sharon and I had a couple exterior lights we loved to have on periodically. One light was on our garage and the only switches to it were in the garage. The other light was on our breezeway. More often than not we would forget to go outside and turn off the garage light. I found these programmable switches by Honeywell online. My neighbor liked it so good I installed one for him this weekend. We like them so good, I'm sure we'll find other applications for additional switches.
photo1.JPGphoto2.JPG

Glennbear

Glenn
Very cool, I can see usage at my house for a couple fixtures where a photocell would be unworkable. :wsmile:

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
If you want to control more of your home look into a family of products called "Insteon". They operate via signals sent through the power wiring in your home to control lights, pumps, garage doors, appliances, etc. I automate my home every Christmas season using this. I control the indoor and outdoor Christmas trees, flood lights, electric candles in each window of the house, gate lights, etc. all from my easy chair or from a programmable timer. I can manually turn anything that I want on, off, or I can dim any light to any level without going to the light or appliance to do it. During the rest of the year the gate lights, flood lights, and the lights in my living room are all that is automated, but it sure saves a bunch of running around. I don't have it, but there are even options to control your Insteon network via your cell phone from anywhere in the World. A company called Smarthome http://www.smarthome.com/_/INSTEON/_/23b/land.aspx?src=HML14RA43 is where I buy it.

Charley

novice99

New User
Mike
where did you find the Honeywell switches? I haven't seen them in a BORG or at my local hardware store. Maybe online?

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I had one of those Honeywell switches controlling the entry light to my shop. Unfortunately it failed in about 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS