problem with a ridgid table saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
I finally got my saw assembled today:
PICT0099.jpg

but when setting it up i put the belt guard on and raised it all the way up and the belt is hitting the top of the cover:

PICT0100.jpg

book doesn't say how to correct this if it does hit, but it tells you to check for it.

it only does it with it fully extended.

how do i correct this?

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
i tried to move it with the bolts but there is no playing on them onless i enlogate the holes.

i just went and poxted it a ridgid aite and at woodnet.

thanks

jimwill48

James
Just bought a TS3650 a couple of weeks ago and didn't have this issue. But it looks like incorrect belt tension, to me. I would unmount the motor and reinstall, being careful to follow the setup instructions as written. I would also download the Ridgid TS3650 PDF Manual as it is newer than the one that comes with the saw. Somewhere I have a print-out from a forum that address the motor tensioning issues and that fixes this issue. Let me know if you don't get it fixed and I'll see if I can find the doc.

James

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Just looked at mine and do not see how you could install the guard upside down. However, It does look like you have it rotated 90 degrees out of position. Remove the nuts and rotate it counter-clockwise 90 degrees and reinstall. This should provide almost 1" clearance on top with the blade all the way up and over an inch on the bottom with the blade all the way down.

Hope this helps

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors