[Problem-Main Site] Edit Previous Post, Save Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Now this used to work, but now never works for me ...

I make a post then decide to make a change. I decide to "EDIT" the individual post. All goes well until I tell it to SAVE ... then it just spins and spins and spins and spins and spins and never ends.

HELP OH MIGHTY ADMINS:notworthy:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I've got no answer to why you are having the problem. But I do have a work-around solution that works well for me. If Saving your Edit locks up, just click Advanced, and then click on the Save button again. It will submit.
Dave:)

J

jeff...

It's a conspiracy - you have too many tools - so your gloating privileges have been suspended till Travis catches up with you. :eusa_whis

M

McRabbet

Yep, I 'bout wore myself out with a lengthy post today in the big Dust Collection thread Woodwrangler started....

And my string of luck (bad, what else) seems to continue -- the 30 GB hard drive on my laptop died last night and I've lost tons of good stuff... There is some hope I can get most of it back using a disk recovery service...

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Now this used to work, but now never works for me ...

I make a post then decide to make a change. I decide to "EDIT" the individual post. All goes well until I tell it to SAVE ... then it just spins and spins and spins and spins and spins and never ends.

HELP OH MIGHTY ADMINS:notworthy:
Happens regularly with me too. Thanks Dave for the option.

Monty

New User
Monty
The problem is most likely that your browser is blocking the script responsible for inline editing of the posts. What browser are you using? Do you have any browser addons? I'm using NoScript with Firefox, and until I allowed scripts for this site, I had the same problem you were describing.

M

McRabbet

Monty,

I encounter this same issue every once in awhile -- I'm using IE 6 and scripts and popups are enabled.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Yeah, once in a while I get it to work, but usually not. I have the same problem on my Mac and Windows, in IE, FireFox, Opera, Safari, and Camino, at work and at home, on my laptop and my desktop. Just no luck.

GOOD NEWS .. Advanced Edit works every time (knock on wood!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS