Problem Logging in using Safari on a MAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
I can login using my iPad but not my MAC with Safari. It just will not accept my password. I have done a reset on Safari and reset my password a couple of times.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bill

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Delete the NCWW cookies then restart Safari. Should fix it unless you have bigger problems.

Under the Safari menu; preferences; security; Show Cookies. Then find anything with NCWW and delete or remove.

SafariPreference.jpg

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
I am posting this from an iPad, however I was already logged in. Something I haved noticed when logging in is the correction feature will sometimes mess up my login. Retype in your login and see if it is making a correction. Other than that, I couldn't guess. Hang in there, hopefully Mike's advice will work.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Dump the Mac, get a 'real' pc loaded up with IE9. All of your troubles will be gone!

:rotflm:

BillPappas

New User
Bill
I did a full reset on Safari, that brings Safari back to full default settings and wipes out all browsing data including cookies. Just for fun I did delete the cookies as well...no joy! I am typing this on the same MAC but using Chrome, it logs in fine. I frequent a photography bulletin board and I have the same issue on that site also and they use the same software for the site as this one. I can logon to things like yahoo, google, bank of america without issue though. At least my iPad still works on the site and I can use Chrome on the MAC. Worst case I can always bring up Windows 7 on the MAC and use IE9...
:rotflm:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I log in from two different MACs using Safari and never had any problems.

Maybe your version of Safari is older or some other setting is incorrect.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
Mike, thanks for your help and thoughts. Mine worked fine last week. I recently did a software update and one of them must have been Safari. I am currently typing on my Airbook which logged in fine and it has Safari version 5.1.3 and is waiting for me to install the 5.1.4 update. My desktop MAC with this issue has Safari 5.1.4. Both computers are running Lion. This may be a compatibility issue with Safari version 5.1.4. After I click reply I am going to update my Airbook and see if the new version of Safari is culprit.

RayH

New User
Ray
FWIW I've got two IMacs on Lion 10.7.3 and Safari 5.1.4, both login okay.:confused:

Sure sounds like a problem with something in your configuration. Do you have any Safari extensions loaded that may have updated you out of business?

BillPappas

New User
Bill
Updated the Airbook and it still logs in just fine...Both computers have the same versions of OS and Safari one works and one does not....

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Bill make sure that the update did not turn off scripting, JavaScript. Also, boot from install disk and run fix permissions.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Bill, It may help if you list your exact error. Does it say you entered the password wrong? Or does it simply not log you in and you are dumped back into wherever you were before but still not logged in? If it is the latter you may not be accepting cookies. When I updated my iPhone somehow this setting got changed and I had problems logging in for a while until Steve figured it out :).
Salem

BillPappas

New User
Bill
Salem, it is not accepting my user name and password. When I enter them it comes back to the screen that says you have used 1 out of 5 attempts, try it again and it says I have used 2 out of 5, after 5 it locks me out for 15 minutes and I am sent an email telling me someone tried to login as me. Clearly it recognizes my user name because it sends the email to my email address but is not able to associate the password with the user name. It is accepting cookies, I have deleted the ncwoodworker cookie and it recreates the cookie.

Thanks,

Bill

eyekode

New User
Salem
Bill, Sorry to ask a silly question but if you type your password into a "normal" text field (not the password text field) do you get what you would expect? Could it be a stuck key or something? Hrm... but if it works on Chrome on the same machine then this doesn't make sense...
I just crawled through the settings on my Mac and I don't have a clue.
Sorry!
Salem

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
One more thing that I can think of:
Log out of ncww
Preferences->Autofill
uncheck User name and passwords

Then try to login

BillPappas

New User
Bill
Salem,

I had already tried typing into a different location just to see if the keyboard was acting, I had that problem with a Blackberry one time.... No issues, i even typed it into one location and did a copy paste into the PW field.

Thanks,

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS