[Problem-Gallery] Unable to upload photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm unable to browse my computer or to drag & drop files for upload to my album. 'Browse" option does not work & drag & drop doesn't recognize the target field. WHAT NOW?

M

McRabbet

From what you describe, it sounds like your computer needs a Gates "Start" -- reboot time. Then try it again.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Reboot didn't help. Gonna try a plain old 'cold start'. I usually keep my CPU on 24/7. I'll turn it off this AM & try again tonight. Couldn't 'click & drag', open in browse mode for that screen - everyting I knew to try short of hand typing the path to the file.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Cold start & even hand typing path won't let me load pics. I resized the file before trying. 2 pics ran for 30 minutes & still didn't get uploaded. To quote Bill Gates, "Where do we go from here?"

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I guess 'No pics - didn't happen' now means I can't work in the shop for awhile. Either that or I can tell ya 'bout it & you'll just hafta take me at my word.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Dennis, I am really confused about what your symptoms are. In your first post, it sounded as if you said you couldn't browse on your computer, which of course is a problem on your computer. Nows it sounds as if you start upload and it never completes.

Please, provide a detailed step by step list of what you are doing and what your results are.

Also, go to http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest use the dallas server and report your Upload speed.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dennis, I don't know what to tell you. I upload a few pictures last night and it went as normal. So I doubt the problem is on the site end.
There is something going on with your computer. I have no idea what nor what to suggest to fix it...I don't know squat about computers :5dunce:

I am surprised that you haven't received any suggetions or ideas from all the IT folks out there :icon_scra:confused:

Dave:)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can browse my computer, just not from the 'upload photos' pages in either thread or gallery modes. The site doesn't seem to interact with my computer in this regard.
I would go to the 'upload photos' page,
click on the 'browse' bar,
nothing happens.
I would then open pictures file in 'My Computer" window,
click & drag file to list bar on 'My Pctures' page.
The icon or photo title would not 'lock' into the bar.
The NCWW window would close out & the picture would appear on the screen.
Typing in the 'short file name' would cause the site to show download in progress but never complete.
I then tried going into 'properties' window on each pic file to copy & paste the long version of the file to the same input bars.
Site would say it was downloading but never finished(30 minutes for 2 pics).
If I try to insert a photo from this screen by right clicking the photo icon it will not go to My Pictures file.
I did the speed test a couple of weeks ago. It seemed to have a satisfactory report to it & I've installed no new software since. :dontknow:
Thanks for all the help, though guys. I'll still enjoy this site if we can't get this fixed. Since I can't post pics I may turn into an Ernest Hemingway with my WWing feats! :gar-Bi

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm still trying to get some photos into my gallery with no success. The site doesn't seem to interact with or recognize any attempt I make to identify a file and then receive it. In some instances it will show the 'file uploading' screen and then not move forward from that. In others, it says the files have been uploaded but they do not show in any gallery I send them to, ergo my 'Shop Pics' album that is empty. This is true also of using the 'insert photo' icon in the thread reply screen. I tried this as a last resort because of the recent comment that files in threads couldn't be manipulated by users as well due to their size restrictions.
Having starated in computers with a TRS-80 model 1 this is somewhat frustrating. Any suggestions the staff could give as a possible solution would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Dennis, we are not ignoring you. I just don't know what to do. Whatever is going on, is NOT caused by the site. Not to split hairs, but "The site doesn't seem to interact with or recognize any attempt I make to identify a file and then receive it." is just the opposite. Your OS/Browser is not interacting with the site. This is an important distinction, becuase it determines where we start looking.

Ok, that said, let's go through the check list again to be sure we haven't missed anything obvious.

Even though you have done all this, to humor me,please do it again, in the order below.
  1. Logout of the site.
  2. Clear all your browser temp files
  3. Clear all your cookies.
  4. Reboot your system.
  5. Try again.
  6. Any differences?
If still not working, report back in this thread the following
  • What OS/version/SP/etc.
  • What Browser/version/SP/etc
  • What Web security programs are you using
  • Do you have access to another Browser to try.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
You did it now, Steve. The problem was in my browser (AOL). Switched to Firefox & everything took off smoothly. I won't be using AOL to reach this site anymore. Now I'll hafta be honest about my shop progress. :eusa_danc
Thanks for all your help. :icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc Yea!!, I am so glad that you got that figured out. I hated that I had no clue on how to help you.
Now let see the pics :icon_thum:icon_thum

Dave:)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Check my shop album. I might hafta be told to put down the camera & get to work!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Gotcha6 said:
the recent comment that files in threads couldn't be manipulated by users as well due to their size restrictions

????? Where did you get that? Not true, except when using attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS