[Problem-Gallery] [Problem-Gallery] Minor problem entering Detail in photo's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC7CN

New User
Don
Assigned To:: SteveColes
=====================================
Assigned To:: SteveColes
=====================================
Not sure if this has been addressed before, but this is the problem I am when entering comments in the Detail section of my photos.

The double quote character ( " ) is converted to ( 5" ), and the ampersand character ( & ) is converted to ( Q&D ). Is there an escape character that can be used to stop the conversion? I have been using two single quotes in place of a double quote to solve one problem. Couldn't find a quick fix for the ampersand.

-Don

Monty

New User
Monty
This is an issue with photopost - there is no workaround that I can tell except to change some of the source code. We can do that (and have done that for several other issues in photopost in the past), but each time we upgrade photopost, our changes get un-done! The double ' is a good way to get around the " problem. For now at least, just spell out the AND! ;)

KC7CN

New User
Don
This is an issue with photopost - there is no workaround that I can tell except to change some of the source code. We can do that (and have done that for several other issues in photopost in the past), but each time we upgrade photopost, our changes get un-done! The double ' is a good way to get around the " problem. For now at least, just spell out the AND! ;)

Thanks Monty. Guess I'll have to find another way to say Quick-n-Dirty:eusa_booh

-Don

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Yes, unfortunately, it appears that Photopost has a bug. The problem is based around the fact that it already uses escape characters to retain those characters. The problem is that it converts the character (e.g. &quote; ) and then converts the ampersand in there!

Chris

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS