Private Message Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
The private messaging feature of this forum is extremely useful for communicating privately with other forum members. It's great if you have a message you want to send to someone that others may not be interested in, or if you want to discuss personal matters (such as letting another member know your home contact info, etc). The point is.... it's supposed to be PRIVATE! ;)

In your member profile settings page, take a look at the options in the "Messaging & Notification" section. If you have a check mark beside "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages", then the forum will send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message. This is also a great feature, especially if you don't log in to the forum every day.

Pay attention to these email messages when you receive them. Notice in the subject line it says "(NO EMAIL REPLY)". The body of the message also contains the following little phrase:

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

A little further down, notice this little gem:

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL! It will NOT go to your intended recipient! You must log in to the forum to reply to your new private message.

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/private.php

You should be aware that, IF YOU RESPOND TO THE EMAIL, the person who sent you the private message will NOT receive your response. Instead, your response gets sent to..... ME!!!!! I will ignore the message (because I don't want to know your business), and your intended recipient will probably assume that you never responded to the private message they sent you.

So, in order to prevent any confusion, please CLICK THE LINK in the email message, instead of clicking on the "Reply" button!!!

Thanks! :icon_thum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors