Powermatic table saws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a good, used Powermatic table saw, probably a 66. Does anyone know of a reference that helps date Powermatic saws by serial number? Does anyone know of a good source for tips on "good years", ie. saws from the 70's vs 90's etc. I have 3 phase and am scouring the auctions but want to have some idea of the age before I bid. Some are yellow, some are green. I'm sure that has some connection to age.

edspec

New User
steve
I havent had a lot of experience with PM table saws, They seem to have a greeat deal of features. When it comes to colors the people listed below are offering customized tablesaws with the colors and monogram of your choosing. :dontknow:

http://www.woodwerks.com/

Steve

M

McRabbet

Steve, I found this file on the Old Woodworking Machinery (OWWM.com) site. Should help a little...

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Gold or green the PM66 is made in the US. As for serial numbers, if you go on line and look for motor covers there is a different one for after a certain serial number of saw.

I had a PM66 and sold it about a year ago. I bought it new around 1993 or so, and it had been an excellent machine in my opinion. Mine came with a Biesemeyer fence with 52" rails, again, an excellent piece of engineering.

I don't know when they changed from green to gold, but I think I would want a gold one. Woodweb has them occassionally for sale. I remember a 3 phase one on flea bay recently that went for around $700 near Fayetteville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS