Post Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

I soft deleted a post by Fergy in the following thread.

Fergy had quoted the OP's initial request for help and inserted
Are your arms broken? :gar-La;
I found that wording constituted a personal attack and sent a PM to Fergy which stated:
Fergy,

I deleted your post in the following thread because I read it as a mocking post to the person seeking help with a problem. Let's stay on the high road and offer help where possible, not a put down. I hope you understand.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I see how it might've been taken as a personal attack, but to me it sounded like he was trying to be funny about hand sanding the top clean.

Either way, it'll help keep the peace. Nice catch!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
:thumbs_up Not knowing the intent or if there is any history with those two you have to go with your gut. I really hope is was meant as a joke.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I think the chuckle face was meant to keep him in the clear with a humorous comment. I doubt any harm was meant, or taken, by it.
Drogar-Laugh%28DBG%29.gif
Drogar-Laugh%28DBG%29.gif

b4man

New User
Barbara
I feel that you might have said something to Fergy suggesting the possibilities of a misunderstood post. Maybe suggested he edit it. To delete it and inform him that his sense of humor is not appropriate seemed harsh to me.

M

McRabbet

I followed up with another PM after he answered back with his intent to make it a joke. I suggested he include wording like "just kidding" so there is no question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS