Possible Commission Project

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
To all of our carving compatriots in this community, I am seeking a carver's assistance on behalf of a dear friend.

My friends recently moved and during that process a piece of a family heirloom went missing. Below are photos of the heirloom. The missing piece is one of the birds and my friend would like to have another one carved to replace the lost one. I do not know what the wood is nor the exact dimensions. I offered to bring it to this forum for help as I am not a carver and could not create a piece to help.

Once again, this is for a family I care a great deal for and want to see get help with replacing this piece to an heirloom. If any of the carvers in here would be interested in taking on this project and has the skill to create a worthy piece please let me know and I will work to get you in contact with my friend.

Please, I ask that this project be taken on by a skill carver who would like to help and can create a matching piece. My friend is willing to pay a commission and we did not discuss pricing so that is a conversation the carver would have. They are down in Fayetteville, NC.

Attachments

• kim_bird2.jpg
    kim_bird2.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 131
  • kim_bird.jpg
    kim_bird.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 130

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Carving a turkey is the only carving that I can do. There is a guy in this site, Bugle, that has done some amazing fish carving. He is not o every day. Try sending him a message.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That is not a high end carving. I could do that quite easily or my wife could even do that.
I would need to see the sample, I can't tell from the photos, but it looks like either cherry or Eastern Red Cedar.
I have both ready to carve.

If they don't love it 100% then no charge.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
That is not a high end carving. I could do that quite easily or my wife could even do that.
I would need to see the sample, I can't tell from the photos, but it looks like either cherry or Eastern Red Cedar.
I have both ready to carve.

If they don't love it 100% then no charge.

Sent you a PM

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors